1/8 Red chilli powder ( in case Jalapenos are not hot )
In a microwave safe bowl , heat the oil on high for 30 seconds , add onion and garlic and heat again on high for 1 minute.
Add asafoetida powder , turmeric powder & chilli powder ( if using ) to onion garlic mix and stir. Add mashed potatoes. Sir well. Heat on high for 1 minute. Take it out and keep aside.
Stuff the Jalapeños with potato mix and top it with shredded cheddar. Put the stuffed jalapeños on a microwave safe baking tray. Heat the microwave on medium setting in combination mode for 7 minutes ( if your microwave has one ) or for 5 minutes on low setting in the normal microwave mode. Till the cheese melts.
Your stuffed Jalapenos are ready to eat.
ps : you may also stuff the jalapenos with pineapple ( just replace potatoes with pinapple ) for a spicy + sweet snack
• Soaked Nutrela / Soya Chunks : 100 grams
• Soaked Basmati Rice : 2 Cups
• Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 Tbsp
• Chopped Onion , medium : 1
• Cumin seeds, Roasted : 1 tbsp
• Green Cardamoms, Crushed : 1 tbsp
• Cloves : 8-10
• Black peppercorns : 8-10
• Cinnamon stick : 1
• Bay leaves : 3
• Green Chilli , chopped : 1
• Salt to taste
• Hot boiling water : 4 cups
• Oil : 2 tbsp
1. Heat 2tbsp oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
2. Add onions and brown on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove onions from the oil and keep aside.
3. Now add all the spices ( Bay leaves , Cumin Seeds , Cardamom powder , Cinnamon stick , Black Pepper corns , Green Chilli , Cloves etc ) & Ginger Garlic paste to oil and microwave on High for 1 minute.
4. Add Soya chunks, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
5. Add rice, hot water & salt. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring at every 3 minutes in between
Mix the Makhanas, oil and spices together , so that all Makhanas are lightly coated.
Place them in a single layer on glass baking dish.
Microwave on high for 1 minute
Microwave on high another 1 minute
You will hear popping sound at this stage, if not stir again and microwave for another 30 seconds.
Remove the tray from microwave.
Let it cool for 10 minutes before eating. Your crispy roasted Makhanas are ready to eat.
(PS: You can experiment with various masalas, I personally love using butter and red chilly for flavouring)
Radishes thinly sliced – ( 1/8th inch slices ) – around 30 slices
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp curry powder
generous pinch of salt
In a bowl mix the oil and spices , add radish slices. Mix well to ensure all slices are coated evenly with the mixture.
Arrange as many slices as will fit in a single layer on a microwave plate lined with paper towels. The slices should not touch or else they stick together.
Microwave the slices at 100% power for 2 minutes. Flip them over and microwave at 50% power for another 1 minutes. Remove any chips that are starting to crisp and brown. Continue cooking the remaining chips at 50% power in 1 minute intervals until they are all crispy and golden