2 tbsps. butter
3-4 cloves finely chopped garlic (you may reduce / add garlic based on your preference)
½ chopped onion
¼ cup uncooked Arborio rice/ sticky rice
1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
20 ml white wine
2 tbsps. grated cheese
¼ cup chopped mushrooms
Salt & pepper to taste
In a microwave safe glass dish combine butter, garlic and onion. Place dish in microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Microwave until mushrooms have become tender, about 5 minutes.
Put rice & water / broth into a different microwave safe bowl, cover tightly & heat on high for 10-12 minutes.
Stir in the wine & cook on high for about 2 minutes , add mushrooms mixture and heat for 2 more minutes.
Stir in the cheese and enjoy your yummy risotto
Papad (plain or masala)- 2
Red Onion -1 small
Tomato -1 small
Garam Masala / Curry Masala -1/4 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – for garnishing
Red Chilli Powder -to taste
Cumin Seeds -for seasoning 1/4 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Oil -1/2 tbsp
- Place poppadoms on microwave safe plate , microwave on high for 1 minute
- Put oil in microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute
- Add cumin seeds. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion mix well and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomato, mix well with onion and heat for 90 seconds.
- Add Salt, Chilli Powder, Garam Masala and half cup of water to the bowl , mix well. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Break the poppadoms in bite size pieces and add to the curry. Stir well. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve with bread / rice.