By Michal Marcol on Digitalphotos.net
When you are considering arranged marriage, you are bound to face rejection for some of the proposals you send out (revert to newspaper ad or through on-line matrimonial sites) or from the guys / his parents you meet. Here are some tips on how to manage that rejection and move on.
TIME FRAME: IMMEDIATE (up to 1 Week)
- BE GRACEFUL: If you have been interacting with guy and he has rejected you, tell him that it was pleasure knowing him and you wish him well in his soul mate search. Ask him if he would like to give you a reason for rejection. Do not try to justify or give explanation to him. I repeat do not explain or justify and ask for another chance unless there was some major misunderstanding. NO BEGGING FOR ANOTHER CHANCE. MAINTAIN YOUR DIGNITY.
- GRIEVE: Give yourself time to process the rejection. Eat that pizza and ice-cream. Cry. Do not become despondent.
- TALK TO A TRUSTED FRIEND / FAMILY MEMBER: Use your best friends shoulder to lean on, tell them how you are feeling. They can help to bring you out of your grief and sort out what went wrong.
TIME FRAME: SHORT TERM (week to a Month)
- REVIEW YOUR PROFILE: Be realistic about the image you are projecting in terms of words, hobbies, and photographs. Any mismatch in the profile and real you will lead to rejection at later stage. Leading to heart break.
- PHOTOGRAPHS: Do not Photoshop your photos to look slimmer, fairer. Remember you need to actually meet this guy before marriage. Get some good photographs clicked , should include some casual non studio pictures.
TIME FRAME: LONG TERM (1 MONTH to a YEAR)
- DEVELOP HOBBIES: Having a successful hobby will give you the confidence. Confidence is attractive.
- WORK ON YOURSELF: Join a gym to lose weight, learn the art of make-up, and invest in clothes that make you look good, go for regular facials, manicures and pedicures. Read.
- TALK WITH PARENTS: If your parents are managing your partner search, talks to them on what you want, don’t want. This is about you and your life. It’s better to marry late, than to marry just anyone and getting DIVORCED or having an UNHAPPY MARRIAGE.
IF YOU ARE UNDER TREMENDOUS PRESSURE TO GET MARRIED AND ARE FACING CONTINUOUS REJECTION , TALK TO A COUNSELLOR.