Its raining outside and I’m craving something crispy , spicy , tangy & easy to make. And there’s nothing better than pakodas to go with the rains. So here’s a super simple recipe.
- 8 Jalapeno peppers ( de-seeded ) or large chillies ( don’t slit all the way – they should make a pocket)
- 1/4 cup Tamarind paste ( easily available in all Indian stores)
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 Tsp Chaat Masala (easily available in all Indian stores)
- Pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera)
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp water
- 20 ml oil
- Mix gram flour, salt, asafoetida , cumin seeds & carom seeds in a bowl. Add water & mix well to make a paste.
- In another bowl mix tamarind paste & chaat masala. Mix well.
- Stuff the jalapeno peppers with tamarind paste in step 2.
- Dip the stuffed peppers in the gram flour paste , ensuring they are thoroughly coated
- Place them on a greased microwave tray and spray some oil on all peppers. Grill them in microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Turnover , spray with a little more oil and grill on high for another 2 minutes.
Your yummy hot treat is good to eat.